We are looking for guest bloggers! Send your idea for an animal science blog post to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Then we’ll connect you to the appropriate editor in order to get your work published. Does your club have a great STEM related activity you would like to share with other clubs? Do you know someone we should feature as a career profile or as a resource? Do you have a good idea for an animal science field trip? Other ideas? All 4-H members, volunteers, parents, staff, and collaborating experts are encouraged to contribute!
The 4-H Animal Science Resource Blog was created to connect 4-H members, volunteers, parents, and staff to the resources and inspiration needed to support STEM learning within our clubs. The project has four primary objectives.
- increase the STEM programming occurring at the club level in all 4-H animal projects
- strengthen the youth connection to Rutgers and its animal science resources
- increase awareness and understanding of current issues within the field of animal science
- increase awareness and interest in animal science careers.
4-H members, volunteers, parents, and staff, along with collaborating experts from throughout the state, create and share content through the blog that is used by clubs to support their programming. All blog posts illustrate ways for everyone within 4-H to address these four objectives, ultimately leading to more knowledgeable, skilled, and successful 4-Hers and community members.
- 4-H Invitational Animal Shows Open to All New Jersey 4-H Members
- Mercer 4-H Invitational Goat Showmanship – July 31
- Mercer 4-H Invitational Rabbit Show – July 31
- Mercer 4-H Invitational Poultry Show – July 31
- Mercer 4-H Invitational Sheep Show – August 1
- What the COVID-19 Pandemic Reminds Us About Animal Biosecurity
- Zoonosis Prevention: A Kahoot Quiz Game
- 4-H Members Take on New Challenge with Lambing
- Club Support: The Exciting Egg Activities
- Have you ever thought about working with dogs in Africa?