This year’s NJ Junior Breeder Symposium will be held IN PERSON on Saturday, March 26 at the Rutgers Cook Campus Farm in New Brunswick. We have put together an all-star line-up of Rutgers professors, veterinarians, animal care professionals, graduate students, and volunteers. Register today to learn about animal care, behavior, training, breeding, showmanship, and more through interactive sessions that you choose! Our experts will engage both youth and adults through live demonstrations, discussions, illustrated talks, and games.
- Saturday, March 26 (check-in begins at 8:30 a.m., opening session at 9:00 a.m., finished at 3:00 p.m.)
- IN PERSON – Rutgers Cook Campus Farm (check-in and opening in Round House, College Farm Road and Sheepfold Lane)
- All Youth and Adults Must Register by March 12
- $12 per person (includes lunch), payable at the door (cash or check)
- More details will be emailed to all registrants a week before the event.
Sessions are designed for those interested in horses, cattle, sheep, goats, swine, poultry, rabbits, cavies, small animals, and beekeeping. There are also some more general sessions that are useful for those in any animal project. See the details at the registration link.
Thank you to Farm Credit East for their generous support of this year’s symposium. The symposium is a collaboration between Rutgers Cooperative Extension and the NJ Department of Agriculture. 4-H and FFA members interested in low-interest loans through the Junior Breeder Program should contact Lynn Mathews at email@example.com. For questions about symposium offerings or registration, contact Amelia Valente at firstname.lastname@example.org.